The Minimizer 5th Wheel Slick Plate protects the fifth wheel and eliminates the need for greasing the top plate. Plus, installation is a breeze. The 5th Wheel Slick Plate kit comes with all necessary mounting hardware as well as a five-year warranty. The non-stick polymer surface allows the trailer to glide easily across the surface of the fifth wheel allowing for better trailer towing and reduced wear on your steer tires.
Manufacturer Model Height Width Part # Photo Where to Buy Holland FW35 32.5" 34.5" 100061 Holland FW3500 & FW2535 32.5” 37” 100065 Holland FW17 26.5” 35.5” 100067 Holland FW8 29” 35.5” 100070 Holland FWS1 25.5” 36” 100072 Holland FW6000 26” 20.5” 100074 Holland FWAL, FW31, FW33 22.25” 16.25” 102916 Fontaine 7000 30” 35” 100077 Fontaine 6000 (No Slack II) 30” 35” 100079 Fontaine 5092 (No Slack I) 32” 35.5” 100081 Fontaine 3000 26.5” 35" 100083 Jost JSK37F 30” 35.5” 100086 Jost JSK37H 31.5” 35” 100088 Jost JSK37US 29.5” 35.5” 103090 ASF CASTLOC 36.5” 36.5” 100096 ASF CASTLOC II 36.5” 36.5” 100098 Simplex Simplex SE 25.5” 36” 100090 Simplex Simplex Lite 26.5” 35.5” 100092 Simplex Simplex II 33” 36” 100094 Reese 18K, 20K & 25K 15.5” 19” 100100 Robin Industries 15K 14” 11.5” 100164 RV 5th Weel Fits Most Models 15” 11.5” 100165
G.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polyethylene components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust and corrosion at the time of delivery and for a period of (5) five years.
G.2 Any Slick Plate product not mounted with SlickPlate mounting hardware will void all warranties
- What colors are the Slick Plates available in? White Only
- What is the warranty on the Slick Plate? 5 Year Warranty
- What sizes of Slick Plates do you offer? Sizes vary; the plates are designed to fit a specific top plate Make and Model. Please reference our Slick Plate flyer to find your part#.
- What is the weight of your Slick Plate? Less the 5 pounds
- Does the Slick Plate require any install? Yes, you will have to drill approximately 12 holes into your top plate. The Slick Plate itself comes with 6 recessed mounting holes to be used as a guide, the addition of two (2) steel ram bars is also required and slots are manufactured into the plate itself. Once you have installed and bolted your top plate down, you can simply use the ram bars as drilling guides to drill out your 6 additional holes for the steel ram bars. Please refer to our Minimizer Slick Plate video install on our training site. The Insert-Style Slick Plate does not require any holes to be drilled into the 5th wheel plate; they are already existing.
- Does the Slick Plate come with the hardware to install? Yes, all mounting hardware and/or steel ram bars are included with your Slick Plate.
- Do you have to tap your holes for the install? No, the bolts are threaded to receive the nut included in the hardware installation kit; simply drill the hole large enough as specified in the install instructions and insert the bolt when required.
- Will drilling of holes into my 5th wheel void any warranty? Please contact your top plate manufacture on this, most of the findings we’ve researched only come with a 1 year limited warranty on the plate itself, so if you’re beyond the initial year you should not have any issues.
- Will this cause any coupling issues when connecting my trailer to the hitch? None that we’ve found, typically kingpins are longer anyways and hooking and un-hooking should not have any issues when connecting your truck and trailer. But always verify the king pin is locks in place when the Slick Plate is installed to verify a secure coupling.
- How long does it take to install? The initial install we did, after cleaning of the plate was complete, took approximately 30 minutes. It will vary on how fast you can drill your holes and clean your top plate.
- Does the 5th wheel plate need to be cleaned prior to installing the Slick Plate? Yes, you will want to remove as much old grease as you possibly can, a nice hot pressure wash should take most of it off, upon drying proceed to install your Slick Plate.
- Will you need to continue to grease the plate after installing the Slick Plate? No, the top plate itself you will not want to apply grease, the drier you can keep it the better. You will still want to maintain a proper grease amount on all moving parts though.
- Will grease hurt the Slick Plate? No, grease itself will not, however old grease does contain your abrasive materials where the wearing of the plate can occur, always try to keep as much grease off the top plate as possible.
- What if you hook to multiple trailers? If possible, clean as much grease off prior to hooking, what is also handy is to keep a bottle of dawn dish soap readily available and prior to hooking, apply to the Slick Plate to act as a de-greaser.
- What is the load capacity of your Slick Plate? >100,000 lbs.
- How can I determine what Slick Plate I need? Find your Make and Model number on your top plate product plate. Contact your Minimizer distributor or call 800-248-3855 and speak to a sales representative to get your correct part#.
- I do not have a top plate product plate to tell what I have what can I do now? Easy – just measure you Height (overall length of plate) your Width (overall width of entire plate) and Throat (opening at rear of plate on inner to tabs). Then contact Minimizer at 800-248-3855 or visit our website at www.minimizer.com to determine what plate has your exact measurement.
- Can I buy replacement steel ram bars for my Slick Plate? Yes, the ram bars are meant to wear, and replacement kits are sold separately for each Slick Plate.
- What is the Slick Plate made out of? It is made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. (UHMWPE) is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic. It is highly resistant to corrosive chemicals except oxidizing acids; has extremely low moisture absorption and a very low coefficient of friction; is self-lubricating; and is highly resistant to abrasion, in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel.
- Where can I purchase the Minimizer Slick Plate? At any of our Minimizer distributors, contact us at 800-248-3855 to find your nearest Minimizer distributor or visit us online at www.minimizer.com and request additional info on the Minimizer Slick Plate.