Minimizer, LLC’s Privacy Notice
Effective Date: December , 2018
This Privacy Notice explains Minimizer, LLC’s (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “Minimizer”) data practices, defines our users (“you” or “your”) privacy options, and describes how your information is collected and used by Minimizer.
Revisions to the Privacy Notice
We may update this policy from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend you visit the Site to review any changes in our practices. Your continued use of the System constitutes your agreement to our then-current Privacy Notice.
What Information is Collected?
Information Collected Directly from You
We collect personal information about you when you sign up for a mailing list or sign up or download a catalogue, fill out a “Find a Distributor” form, fill out a “Contact Us” form, apply for employment, submit information in connection with requests for quotes or as part of other online services, register for events, post a review, participate in promotions or giveaways, and participate in surveys. The lawful basis for the collection of this information is fulfilling a contract with you and to respond to your inquiries, Minimizer’s legitimate interests, and/or your consent.We collect:
- Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
- Information relevant to your qualifications and eligibility for employment, including education and employment history;
- Financial information necessary to process a purchase or other request;
- Business affiliations; and
- Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
Information Collected Automatically
Some of the personal information we collect occurs automatically. We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our System. Our lawful basis for the collection of this data is our legitimate interests, necessary for completing your requests and maintaining a functional System, and/or your consent. We collect:
- IP addresses to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our System;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, to better serve ads to our users, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions; and
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are small files embedded in websites and collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites.
Collecting Information from Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 16.
How Is the Information We Collect Used?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and to make the System to work properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business:
- Providing services and support
Performing the essential functions of the System, including responding to inquiries, fulfilling orders and requests, providing support and troubleshooting, connecting users with distributors, sending users product information, including, but not limited to, quotes and distributor locations, and communicating with users about their use of the System or regarding a user initiated inquiry on the System.
- Assessing qualifications for employment
Reviewing job applications submitted through the System to assess qualifications for employment with Minimizer.
- Communicating with users about products or services
Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters, catalogues, or information about new products or services we are offering; using content from social media platforms where users discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products.
- Personalizing user experiences on our System
Tailoring content on the System based on user location, preferences, and other personalization factors.
- Analytics, advertisements, and System improvement
- Compliance with legal obligations
Sharing information to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
Disclosure of Information
We may share information, in the aggregate, regarding your online browsing preferences to evaluate our products or allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users. We will not share personally identifiable information in these instances, other than as described in this Privacy Notice.
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for:
- Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf;
- Data tracking;
- Maintenance or development of our System;
- Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development; or
- Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
Sharing with Affiliates and Distributors
We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In these instances, our lawful basis for disclosing your information is our legal obligation.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Minimizer or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Minimizer transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Third Party Websites and Links
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
Data Subject Rights
European Union data subjects may have certain rights under the GDPR. If you are a European data subject, you may exercise any lawful rights you may have under the GDPR by emailing us at email@example.com.
Right of Access
You may have the right to access data collected about you. To request access to what information we have collected about you and how it has been used, please contact us.
Right of Rectification
You may have a right to correct any incorrect or incomplete information we have about you. To request a correction, please contact us.
Right to Erasure
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete your personal information. To request erasure, please contact us.
Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information. To exercise your right to restrict processing, please contact us.
Right to Data Portability
You may have the right to receive personal data we have collected from you in an accessible format. You may also have the right to have the personal information we have collected from you transferred to another controller. To submit a request, please contact us.
Right to Object
You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. To object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us.
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making Including Profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process (no human involvement) which produces legal effects or significantly affects you in a similar way. We will not make these types of decisions by solely automated processed. If you believe that an automated decision making process was applied to you, please contact us.
Your Other Options
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, youcan choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal informationobtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” and similar technologies through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity through Google’s Ad Settings.
International Data Processing
Minimizer is located in the United States and all data related to the System is collected and processed by Minimizer in the U.S. If you are not located in the U.S., your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country outside of the country where you live. By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in the U.S.
For European Union data subjects, all personal data will be processed for lawful purposes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and as described in this Privacy Notice. If your information is only collected based upon your consent and not for other lawful purposes, you may be entitled to withdraw consent by contacting us at email@example.com.Such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Further, withdrawal of consent does not affect processing of information based on other lawful bases of processing other than consent.
We encourage you to contact us regarding any issue, concern, or complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org. European Union data subjects may file a complaint with a data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Your California Privacy Rights
Access and Correction Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Do Not Track Signals
The System does respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. If a user has the Do Not Track option enabled, the System will not track and analyze your behaviour on the System. However, third-parties affiliated with the System through advertising and other relationships may not respond to Do Not Track signals. We are not responsible for third-party affiliates’ response to Do Not Track signals. Users should check third party privacy policies to determine how they respond to Do Not Track Signals.
For additional information pertaining to our Privacy Notice or any of our data practices, please contact:
500 Minimizer Way SE
Blooming Prairie, MN 55917