LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF REMEDIES.
- GENERAL TERMS.
A.1 For products, components or product categories identified in Section 2 below only, Minimizer LLC. warrants that such specifically identified products, components, or product categories will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery and for the applicable warranty periods stated in Section 2 for each product, component or category. All warranties are subject to the “Warranty Conditions and Limitations” described in Section 3 and to any additional conditions or limitations listed in Section 2 for each product, component or category. The warranties stated herein are in lieu of all other warranties, obligations or liabilities on the part of Minimizer LLC.. Minimizer LLC. does not authorize any other person or party to: (i) act on its behalf in connection with any warranty claim or warranty work (except pursuant to a written authorization signed by Minimizer LLC. authorized representative), (ii) modify or expand Minimizer LLC. product-specific warranty(ies), or (iii) assume any warranty obligation or liability on behalf of Minimizer LLC. concerning its products.
A.2 Minimizer LLC. MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT AS ARE SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT. Minimizer LLC. MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND Minimizer LLC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL Minimizer LLC. BE LIABLE FOR AN AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT(S) FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT OR IN-DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE ALLEGED FAILURE OF OR DEFECT IN Minimizer LLC. PRODUCT.
A.3 You must return any product for which a defect is claimed to Minimizer LLC. in accordance with Minimizer LLC. then-current policies. Contact Minimizer LLC. at its customer service number: 800-248-3855 or visit www.minimizer.com for further instructions. If Minimizer LLC. determines that that product failure has occurred within the applicable warranty period and is a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, a corrective action will be assigned and a Customer Service Representative will contact you regarding the warranty fulfillment process. Minimizer LLC. reserves the right, at its sole option, to satisfy its warranty obligations by repairing the product at Minimizer LLC. expense, replacing the product, tendering the product to the original manufacturer or component manufacturer for the fulfillment of an applicable warranty, refunding the purchase price, or some combination of these.
- PRODUCT SPECIFIC TERMS.
The following terms modify Minimizer LLC. general terms stated above in Section 1 for each specific product, component, or category listed in this Section 2. Please read this Section carefully and familiarize yourself with the specific warranty terms for the products you have purchased.
A Standard Polymer Fender Products.
A.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polyethylene components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust and corrosion for the useful life of the product; and
A.2 The standard primary colors described in the catalogue, and on the website, will be free from color shifts, and the paint film used on standard fender products will be free from defects in material and workmanship including peeling, chipping and fading for three (3) years following the date of purchase, subject to the exclusions below:
A.2.1 The warranty is void if the paint itself is defective.
A.2.2 Minimizer LLC. does not warrant that specialty products, special or custom colors will be free from color shifts.
A.2.3 The warranty does not apply to films altered by outside forces, including but not limited to contact with trailers, other debris, or simple accidents.
A.3 Minimizer LLC. warrants that Minimizer™ Fender products will be free from stress cracks, dents and tears under normal operating conditions for the useful life of the product.
A.4 Any Minimizer™ Fender product not mounted with Minimizer™ mounting hardware will void all warranties. Attachment of a mud flap, regardless of whether they are DOT regulated, directly to the bottom of a light box fender will void any and all warranties. Minimizer LLC. will not be held responsible for damages caused by mud flaps or mud flap installation.
A.5 Minimizer™ molded tail light sections, provided with some fender products, are water resistant but are not WATERPROOF.
B Specialty Fender Products.
B.1 Specialty Fender Products have the same warranty and limitations as Standard Fender Products, except as noted in Section A.2.2 the warranty against color shifts does not apply to Specialty Fender Products.
C Mud Flaps.
C.1 All Minimizer™ brand mud flaps are warranted for one (1) year from date of purchase against breakage, curling, and separation under normal operating conditions within the recommended service temperature.
D Tool Boxes.
D.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that all of the polyethylene components of Minimizer™ toolboxes will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the useful life of the product.
D.2 Minimizer LLC. warrants the polyethylene will be free from rust and the useful life of the product of the Minimizer™ Tool Box.
D.3 Minimizer LLC. warrants that all hardware, fasteners, handles, and other mechanical components will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase of the Minimizer™ Tool Box.
E Mounting Hardware.
E.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that all mounting hardware will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the useful life of the product.
F Seats – Limited Lifetime Warranty.
F.1 Certain Mechanical Components. Minimizer LLC. warrants that the suspension system, controls, heating element, cooling components, and revitalizing components of Minimizer™ seats will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery and for the useful life of the product, subject to the Warranty Conditions and subject to the additional limitations stated below.
F.2 Seams and Other Components. For all other components, Minimizer LLC. warrants that the products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery and for a period of (1) one year.
G Slick Plate.
G.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polyethylene components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust and corrosion at the time of delivery and for a period of (5) five years.
G.2 Any Slick Plate product not mounted with SlickPlate mounting hardware will void all warranties
H Floor Mats.
H.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polymer components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust, curling, and corrosion for the useful life of the product.
I Maintenance Line Products.
I.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polyethylene components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust and corrosion for the useful life of the product.
J.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants the FastFlap product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the useful life of the product.
K Slick Disk.
K.1 Minimizer LLC. warrants that polyemere components will be free from defects in material and workmanship, including being free from rust and corrosion at the time of delivery and for a period of (5) five years.
- WARRANTY CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS. The following limitations and conditions (the “Warranty Conditions”) apply to all Minimizer LLC. warranties including each product, component or category specific warranty contained in Section 2:
A.1 No warranties shall apply if Minimizer LLC. determines that the final product configuration or installation at any time exceeded Minimizer LLC. recommended structural limits, weight or length restrictions, guidelines, or instructions for use, as published by Minimizer LLC. at the time of purchase.
A.2 No warranties shall apply to any products that were installed in contravention of Minimizer LLC. installation guidelines or instructions listed at the time of installation, including, but not limited to, use of any unauthorized hardware, tools, fasteners, supplies or installation methods.
A.3 No warranties shall apply if Minimizer LLC. determines that the applicable product or component was used on a vehicle manufactured outside of accepted manufacturing practices.
A.4 No warranties shall apply if Minimizer LLC. determines that the applicable product or component was damaged as a result of occurrences outside of ordinary operating conditions, or as a result of an accident or collision not caused by the product, or was intentionally damaged by any person.
A.5 All warranties apply only to the original owner of the product and are not transferable or assignable to any subsequent owner or user. You must retain a copy of the original product invoice to claim and validate your warranty.
A.6 All warranties apply only to the single, original vehicle installation of the product. Any removal of a product from its original vehicle or reinstallation of any kind voids all warranties.
OUR FAMILY’S WARRANTY
Now that the legal guys have had their say, here’s what we say:
We’re human, we know that sometimes, “THINGS” happen. With our extensive background in plastic materials and the trucking industry, we understand the physical properties of the materials we use and we know that our plastic just doesn’t “break” or “crack” under normal use unless the unforeseeable happens. If so – we have probably done it ourselves, or have tested our material to the utmost extremes and have seen it before. Be sure to check out our videos at www.minimizer.com or www.youtube.com or ask a Minimizer sales rep. for one.
We’ve engineered our products’ to last longer than the life of your truck. We’re a family company, we do care about the products we produce on a daily basis.
So there is an inherent respect for you, our customer, who makes their living using the vehicles and equipment our products serve to protect. So don’t tell us you were “driving along” when your bracket broke or bent back and your wheel is now rubbing the fender. We are drivers and were founded by a driver, too. We’ve been around the block a few times. If you dumped your truck into a monster pothole, dropped a trailer, got hit by a reckless vehicle operator or backed over your flap and pulled the fenders off we sympathize with you and will try to help you out, as we’ve done or seen all those things. We want you to keep running our products. So in the event of unlucky stuff happening, please refer to our Stuff Happens (SH) policy below.
We will offer to replace the part in question or sell replacement parts at a significant discount to our customers who forget that our products are not at all times “invincible”. We extend this to original owners only. If you bought it at an authorized Minimizer dealer, please see them for details. We will require a digital photo of the damage or the original part back. We promise to make it right for you. We do not want an “Accident” to leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding Minimizer Products. Always remember we have been in the trucking industry for 30 years and have seen it all. Nothing is unexpected with us.
MERCHANDISE RETURN POLICY
Minimizer LLC. wants you to be happy with any purchase that you make from us; therefore we offer only high quality merchandise that we feel is superior in materials and craftsmanship. If you are unhappy with your purchase feel free to contact us and we will be happy to make it right.
We’d like to help you resolve a purchase problem as quickly and easily as possible provided you meet the terms and conditions listed below. Please note that NOT ALL items are covered by our RMA Policy. You may return your purchased products within 15 days of the invoice date. After 15 days, No merchandise can be returned unless defective or within the terms of the manufactures warranty. Anything returned without an RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused and sent back to the company.
MERCHANDISE RETURN POLICY
1. All merchandise returned will be subject to a 20% restocking charge. All sales are subject to approval before return. Our knowledge of your intent to return the merchandise will insure that you receive proper credit.
2. Please provide the following information when calling or e-mailing for an RMA number: Customer Name, Contact Name, Zip Code (Billing), Sales Order Number, Minimizer LLC Part# and Quantity, along with the nature of the problem.
3. New merchandise will be accepted for credit only with prior approval by an Minimizer LLC Product Specialist. Your Product Specialist will issue a RETURNED MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION (RMA) number which must appear on all returned cartons and corresponding packing list’s). Merchandise must be received within 30 days of issuance of the RMA number otherwise, credit will not be issued. No merchandise can be returned after 15 days unless defective or within the terms of the manufactures warranty.
Please Note: No returns will be accepted if the manufacturer’s RMA# sheet is missing or is not visible on any and all packages being returned.
4. All purchased merchandise must be returned in “BRAND NEW” condition, if materials are returned in a “Less Than Brand New”condition You will be notified by an Minimizer LLC representative. A refurbishing fee may be required to restore the merchandise to a marketable condition. The fee for refurbishing will be presented to you to accept or reject, at which time the merchandise will either be reworked or returned to you. This fee is in addition to any restocking or handling fee of at least 10% which may be levied. Credit for returned merchandise will be issued at the original purchase price minus any fees listed above. Only merchandise purchased within the past fifteen (15) days may be returned. Special order merchandise can not be returned at any time.
5. If the returned packages are missing any of the manufacturers supplied accessories or there is obvious damage or visible wear and tear to the merchandise, Minimizer LLC. reserves the right to refuse the return.
6. If you are trying to return/exchange an item that you’ve tried to install and the item has become damaged so that it is no longer in “BRAND NEW” condition, we will not be able to accept a return/exchange on that item. We can only allow returns/exchanges for new and unused parts that have not been installed and/or damaged.
7. All products are sold with their respective manufacturer’s warranties. Please note that warranty periods and services vary depending on the product.
8. The purchaser will be responsible for return shipping costs. When returning products, we strongly recommend the use of a carrier that can track packages. Minimizer LLC. does not reimburse any customers return shipping cost. Claims for delay, loss, or damage should be made against the freight carrier.
9. Minimizer LLC. will not accept any returns shipped freight COD or UPS COD. If you ship items to us, please insure the items to their full value and request proof of delivery. Items must be in a reasonable return package, to insure they are returned in a “BRAND NEW” condition. If not, damage may occur in the shipping process, which Minimizer LLC will not be held responsible, and may cause the product to be returned in a “NOT LIKE BRAND NEW” condition.
10. Returned goods privileges will apply only to customers currently purchasing Minimizer™ Products and whose accounts are in current condition. No cash settlement will be made, if you are inquiring about RMA # for merchandise that was purchased through one of Minimizer LLC. qualified dealers, and not directly from Minimizer LLC, please contact your point of purchase retailer, and notify them. They will be responsible for the return of merchandise.
11. The customer shall not deduct amounts for returned merchandise from payments to Minimizer LLC. When approved returned merchandise has been received, inspected, and processed, Minimizer LLC. will promptly issue credit to the customer account or Customers Credit Card. No deduction shall be made until the credit memo has been issued.
12. Customers returning merchandise which is not approved for credit or replacement will be notified in writing by a Minimizer LLC. Representative. Failure by the customer to respond within ten (10) days to such notice will be just cause for Minimizer LLC. to scrap or return the merchandise, freight collect, back to the customer.
13. Customers needing additional assistance regarding the Merchandise Return Policy should contact Minimizer LLC. and ask to speak to a representative.
REQUESTING AN RMA# You may choose to use our RMA form for requesting a product return online through our web site’s RMA form:
Anything returned without an RMA number on the outside of the package will be refused and sent back to the company.
After receiving your RMA Number, place your RMA# sheet in a clear visible spot and write your RMA number legibly on the return label and the outside of the box and return the entire package to:
500 Minimizer Way SE
Blooming Prairie, MN 55917