Tired of losing mud flaps due to backing over them? There’s a better way. Use Minimizer Fast Flaps.
Fast Flaps secure mud flaps without creating any holes in the flap or sacrificing strength. It takes more than 500 pounds of pressure to detach a mud flap from the Fast Flaps stainless steel bar, and the result doesn’t damage the flap.
Not only are Fast Flaps perfect for dump trucks, cement mixers, roll off and garbage trucks, but the mounting bracket allows this innovative product to be used with a regular tractor, as well.
Fast Flaps are Tested & Tortured™ and come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Fast flap brackets are made from stainless steel, heat tempered to spring steel.
- A screwdriver (minimum length of 10″) pries the Fast Flaps bar apart, allowing you to insert the mud flap into the gap.
- One Fast Flap kit includes everything you need to mount two mud flaps(not included).
- Fast Flap Part Number Part #10001563 (Legacy Part #101227)
- Allows – Mud Flaps to release free from bracket without causing damage to flaps, hanger bracket or fender
- Retail Packaged – for in store POP direct sales
- Full assembly – no additional brackets required – Mud Flaps Sold Separately
- Durable – All stainless steel, heat tempered to spring steel
- Secure – Mud flap fastened in with spring steel clamping force
- Save Money – No damage, no shop labor, no down time or DOT fines
- Industry Applications – For both on-road and off-road trucking including: dump trucks, cement mixers, asphalt, block, logging, roll-off and garbage trucks. Also great for freight haulers that often experience mud flap damage.
- Proven Product! – Thousands in use on Owner Operators, Fleets, Municipalities and D.O.T. equipment throughout U.S. & Canada
- Standard – 7” on center bolt pattern
- Mounting Bracket Part #10001460 (Legacy Part # 102406) – contains: 1 each – Driver/Passenger Side Mounting Arms – Hardware kit to install to your frame
- What is the Part# for the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket and what is included in the kit?
Fast Flap & Fast Flap Mounting Bracket Part# 103022 Contains:
Ø 1 – Bracket Kit
Ø 1 – Fast Flap Kit = Part# 101227
Mounting Bracket – contains:
Ø 2 – Driver/Passenger Side Mounting Arms
Ø 1 – Hardware kit to install to your frame
Ø 1 – Installation Instructions
Part# 101227 – contains:
Ø 4 – Fast Flap stainless steel, mounting brackets
Ø 4 – RED Conspicuity Tape Sections
Ø 4 – Clear Conspicuity Tape Sections
- What colors are available? Mounting brackets are black only, Fast Flaps are steel only.
- What is your warranty on the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket? The bracket has a 5 year warranty when used with the Minimizer Fast Flap (Part# 101227). For further details please visit www.minimizer.com and see resources page for details.
- What is the size of the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket? 30.25 in. in length – with 4 holes at 7 in on center lengths designed to easily bolt on Minimizer Fast Flaps.
- What is the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket made out of? C-Channel powder coated carbon steel – with a welded mounting tab that allows it to easily bolt to your truck frame.
- Does the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket come with conspicuity tape? Yes the kit will include conspicuity tape sections; they are included with the Fast Flap (Part# 101227).
- What is the Fast Flap? Fast Flap is a heat tempered stainless spring steel clamp that allows mud flaps to release free from brackets without damaging flaps, fenders or hanger brackets. Think of it as a large clamp. You simply bolt the Fast Flap to the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket and insert your mud flaps into the Fast Flap clamp. No more tearing off flaps.
- What is the purpose of your Minimizer Fast Flap? It’s simple. Tired of having flaps get torn off, or hefty fines for not having one on? Or maybe you’re sick of paying high labor rates to re-install flap hangers, or flaps themselves. The flap will release damage free from the Fast Flap when backing up into any type of obstruction which causes the mud flap to be pinched against the rear tire. With our Fast Flap, the driver can quickly re-install their mud flap, preventing expensive fines for driving without one (illegal in all 50 states, by the way) and costly down time if you were to tear one off and didn’t have a mud flap on.
- Do you need to bolt the Fast Flap to the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket? No – but it is recommended that you always use the Fast Flap with the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket. You can use the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket to hang any standard 24in. wide mud flap in conjunction with Minimizer Fast Flap, and turn your tractor or trailer into a vehicle that will no longer damage your mud flaps. That’s the way we would like to see it, we #RespectTheDriver.
- Is the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket spring loaded? It is not. It is standard C-channel carbon steel welded to a flange that bolts to the side of a frame rail or other application on the rear of a truck or trailer. The Fast Flap Mounting Bracket is not spring loaded, and we recommend only using it in conjunction with our Minimizer Fast Flap, part# 101227.
- Do you need the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket to mount the Fast Flap? No, this is not required to mount the Fast Flap. The Fast Flap Mounting Bracket is an extension piece if you can’t mount the Fast Flap to the back of your Truck or Trailer. The Minimizer Fast Flap can be purchased individually through one of our Minimizer Distributors. Part# 101227 is the Fast Flap kit only.
- It says that your Fast Flaps have a pull force of over 500 lbs. Would the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket be able to take that much pull force? Yes, we’ve actually tested it to over 800 lbs. Unfortunately if you were just using mud flaps, you’re likely to tear your flaps before the bracket would bend. This is why our Minimizer Fast Flaps work great in addition to the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket. Prevent those costly mistakes from occurring time after time and get yours today.
- Is the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket difficult to install? No, it is designed to bolt into your existing frame bolt holes where your flap hangers would mount. If you’re bolting into something else, a hole will need to be drilled prior to installing our Fast Flap Mounting Bracket. Simply follow our provided instructions and use the frame tab as a guide and drill holes according to the mounting specifications.
- Are the Fast Flaps hard to install? No – we’ve installed them on a lot of different makes and model trucks and trailers out there, in all forms of industry applications. We’d bet you could have your set on in under an hour. Probably even quicker than that. Take the challenge. We’d love to hear the feedback.
- What is the lead time on the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket? We keep a large stock of Minimizer Fast Flap Mounting Brackets in house. Our turnaround times are very short, some of the best in the industry. Depending on the shippable location, we can generally have the Fast Flap Mounting Bracket out to you within 4 business days. Your best bet is to find a preferred Minimizer stocking distributor. Contact us today at 800-248-3855 to find your nearest distributor.
- Are individual pieces sold separately? If damaged and it is deemed to be a warranty-related issue, then Minimizer will replace any piece for you. If you just so happened to have an accident, hey, we know, accidents are possible, then yes. Please contact us or one of our distributors with a description of the piece you’re looking to replace and we will have individual components available.
- Where can I purchase the Minimizer Fast Flap Mounting Bracket? At any of our Minimizer distributors. Contact us at 800-248-3855 to find your nearest Minimizer distributor or visit us online at www.minimizer.com to view our solution and installation videos and to request additional info on the Minimizer Fast Flap Mounting Bracket.
[videogallery slider=”fastflap-installation” settings_separation_pages_number=”1″]
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION PRIOR TO INSTALLATION
1. Remove existing mud flaps.
2. Install brackets into existing mounting holes using provided hardware.
– Install and tighten lock nuts snug
– 10-Ft/Lbs of torque is all that is needed
– Over tightening may result in damage
CAUTION: Always wear eye protection when installing mud flaps into brackets. Keep fingers and hands out of and away from gripping area as injury may occur.
3. Use a quality made flat head screwdriver (minimum length of 10″) to pry open one bracket at a time to install mud flap. Insert screwdriver into center hole, resting tip on flat portion above. Pry open one bracket and slide in flap.
4. Repeat this process between the two brackets until flap is fully engaged against the top/inside portion of the brackets.
5. Wipe surface of fast flap hanger to remove residue before applying Conspicuity tape. Place 2 pieces of tape on each hanger; alternating between red and white.